(Subscribe to our newsletter to receive our workshops schedule.)
Want to learn how to sew without a sewing machine and learn the basic of patchwork? In this lesson, you will also learn how to sew the bias tape on multiple layers by hand. This is a required skill to know before learning how to handsew a zipper on your project.
Date: 17 April 2021 (Saturday)
Time: 10am to 1pm
Duration: 3 hours
Venue: Craft Space @ Jalan Besar, 34 Upper Weld Road #02-01, S(207391). Nearest MRT stations are Rocher and Jalan Besar (about 3 to 5 mins walk)
What you will be learning?
1. Sew a magnetic coin pouch without using a sewing machine.
2. Learn how to sew patchwork with squared shape fabrics.
3. Handsew bias tape on multi-layers. (A prerequisite of this skill is required before learning how to hand sew the zipper on the bias tape.)
4. Invisible stitching (ladder or slip stitch), back stitch and running stitch.
5. Learn the technique on how to iron fusible interface on fabric.
6. Use different types of needles and threads to sew.
7. Learn how to insert magnetic buttons on the pouch.
Size of finished bag - 8.5cm H x 10.5cm W (Able to store Trace Singapore token, keys, coins, earpods or other essential items.)
Class size: Minimum 2 students to commence, maximum 4 students per session.
Pre-requisition: Beginners are welcome. Basic hand stitching knowledge is a bonus (e.g., Sew a button, amend pants).
Payment: Seats are limited and will be secured after payment is made in full. You can also pay via Paylah or PayNow. Please pay within 12 hours upon receiving the payment details. You can email me at email@example.com or send a message via FB or Instagram for payment details.
All materials and tools will be provided. Please provide your handphone number for contact purpose of the workshop.
Cancellation/Refund: No refund and cancellation is allowed after payment is made.
For more information, you can send a message via FB or Instagram to @Joeycraftworkz. You can also drop me a message to be updated on the next workshop session.